With another month almost complete, it's time for September's interview feature where we give you the chance to get to know our team at Caribbean Blinds. Today we are chatting to Dhan who works as a Machinist at our manufacturing facility in Suffolk. Enjoy!
1. How long have you worked at Caribbean Blinds?
I first joined Caribbean Blinds in June 2006 so I've been part of the team for nine years.
2. How would you describe your average working day?
It varies, but the majority of my day is spent making the fabrics for various products. If I have any free time between jobs, I keep busy by building our fabric books and helping out with mailshots.
3. What is your favourite aspect of the job?
My favourite aspect of the job is probably cutting and sewing the fabrics for our patio awnings. I also like how everyone at Caribbean Blinds is really friendly and we always work as a team which creates a great working environment.
4. What is the best skill you've learnt since working for us?
As I've gained more experience, I've got into a routine with my different jobs. This helps me work more efficiently and generally makes the job easier.
5. What's been the biggest achievement of your career?
Before working at Caribbean Blinds, I served in the army for eighteen years which is something that makes me feel really proud.
6. How has Caribbean Blinds evolved over the years?
It's evolved in many ways! For example, we moved factories in 2007 because as we expanded we needed a bigger workspace to cater for the extra workload. Our current factory is much larger and we have really nice offices.
7. What sets Caribbean Blinds apart from our competitors?
There's no competition! Our products are better than our competitor's because the whole team works hard to achieve these high standards.
8. If your colleagues had to describe you in one word, which would they choose?
Friendly – I like to think of myself as a nice guy.
9. What hobbies do you enjoy outside of work?
I love keeping fit and try do to lots of running and walking in my free time. I think it's important to stay healthy.
10. What is the one thing you'd like to achieve most during your lifetime?
I'd love to do something really generous for the less fortunate- it's good to help others where you can.