Now that another month has almost been and gone, it's time for November's interview feature where we give you the chance to get to know our brilliant team here at Caribbean Blinds. Today we're speaking to Jamie who works as an Installation Technician, covering our full product line of external blinds, patio awnings & louvered roofs.
1. How long have you been part of the Caribbean Blinds team?
I joined the team in January so I’ve been here for almost a year.
2. What do you get up to during your average working day?
I deal with the installation side of things so I’m usually on-site installing our products. Lately this has involved lots of louvered roofs where I complete a variety of tasks such as electrics, in-fills, carpentry and groundwork.
3. What is your favourite aspect of the job?
As we’re always out and about, it would be the opportunity to meet lots of new people and travel to a variety of locations.
4. What is the best skill you've learnt since working for us?
I've gained lots of skills in terms of engineering and carpentry, but my main accomplishment would be learning how to put the product together in the most effective way possible.
5. How do you think Caribbean Blinds will evolve in the future?
I'd like to see us take on even bigger projects than we are at present and continue to solve problems through effective engineering.
6. Where's the best place you've ever visited?
It would have to be Cuba- the people were friendly, the food was great and the weather’s beautiful. Everyone should go!
7. What would you like to achieve most during your lifetime?
I enjoy producing music, so it’d be my dream to become an established music producer.
8. What type of music do you produce?
A mixture really! It’s mainly cross genre.
9. What other hobbies do you enjoy outside of work?
Along with music production and theory, I enjoy Muay Thai boxing and generally developing myself as a person.
10. If your colleagues had to describe you in one word, which would they choose?
Lively, I always have plenty of energy!