With the Met Office issuing heatwave alerts across the South and East of England, this hot weather occurrence is not disappearing anytime soon, with the current humid conditions expected to last until at least Friday. Along with the usual advice of staying in the shade between 11am-3pm and wearing cotton clothing, we thought we’d share our six top tips for ensuring you stay safe in the sun whilst remaining as cool and comfortable as possible.
1. Pointing a fan towards an open window helps to push the warm air outside to generate a cooler interior temperature. Perfect if you’re struggling to sleep in the heat!
2. If you have any windows located in the shade, keep these open whenever possible to help circulate cool air around your house.
3. Due to their high water content, eating more fruits and vegetables can be really effective at lowering your overall body temperature.
4. Did you know leaving electrical items on standby can quickly increase the temperature of your home? Make sure any non-essential devices are turned off fully to keep temperatures to a minimum.
5. Drinks that contain alcohol or caffeine only contribute to dehydration, so opt for water and ideally aim to consume three litres a day during particularly hot spells.
6. Last but not least, if you’re looking to maintain a noticeably cooler, healthier indoor space 365 days a year, why not consider our state-of-the-art external roller blinds? Suitable for windows and doors of all sizes, our blinds block up to 96% of the sun’s income solar heat radiation to regulate solar heat, light (glare) and UV, keeping your property cool on even the hottest of Summer’s days. Air conditioning is no longer required, offering an eco-friendly and economic solution in the fight against Climate Change. To find out more, chat to one of our shading specialists today on 0344 800 1947.