The safety of both our employees along with other contractors, pedestrians and road users is something we take extremely seriously. We want to make sure our employees can be seen (and are safe), especially when working roadside (unloading goods and/or equipment from their vehicle) and on a busy construction site with lots of trades on site at once. For this reason we have always issued as standard to all our personnel hi-visibility clothing (at no expense to them). As with all clothing, despite how well it is looked after, there is a point at which it needs to be replaced and we have just issued all our employees today with their new improved hi-visibility vests and jackets.
We took the opportunity to upgrade the specification of the jackets, so they were far more than just a reflective jacket. The additional features include:
- A special waterproof coating so in wet weather conditions our team stay dry, with taped seams too to ensure no water penetration at the joints
- A built in hood that unfolds to keep their head and face dry too (along with stopping their perfectly gelled hair from fluffing!)
- A fleece lining to the inside for warmth
- An elasticated waist band and cuffs to ensure a snug fit with no cold air able to blow up through the sleeves or from the base
- A smartphone pocket to the inside with velcro closure
Along with this safety clothing, there is a whole host of other safety equipment we provide our personnel including steel toe capped boots (worn at all times), goggles, ear plugs, gloves and hard hats.
Furthermore all employees undergo regular training as appropriate for their role including Manual Handling (our products are not light so it’s important they know how to lift them correctly without hurting themselves) and Working at Height (the majority of installations require the use of ladders or other access equipment) along with accreditation under the construction skills certification scheme (CSCS). And we produce comprehensive risk assessments that explain to them potential hazards / dangers on site and how to minimise the risks along with method statements that detail how a task (ie the installation of an external roller blind) should be correctly and safely carried out.
If you want to use a health and safety conscious company for the supply and installation of external solar shading for your project, there is only one number you need to dial: 0844 800 1947. Or alternatively you can complete our online enquiry form here.