With October drawing to an end, it's time for this month's interview feature where we give you the opportunity to get to know our fantastic team here at Caribbean Blinds. In today's interview we're chatting to Danny who works as a Solar Shading Engineer at our manufacturing facility in Sudbury, Suffolk. Enjoy!
1. How long have you worked at Caribbean Blinds?
I’ve been working at Caribbean Blinds for 3 years now.
2. How would you describe your average working day?
My average working day is spent building blinds in our factory, but lately I've been going out on site more to install these products.
3. What is your favourite aspect of the job?
It's definitely the people I work with- we're all friends here! In fact, I've known Sam since I was 15.
4. What is the best skill you've learnt since working for us?
I've learnt so much since working at Caribbean Blinds, but I've gained most experience from going out on site with the team. This has taught me how to use a wider range of tools and build my confidence when it comes to the installation process.
5. What's been the biggest achievement of your career?
Generally speaking, I'd say it's making sure everything I do is of the highest possible standard. You could say I'm a bit of a perfectionist, but I like knowing I've done a good job.
6. How has Caribbean Blinds evolved over the years?
It's evolved in lots of ways but the biggest change I've noticed is the expansion of our product line, such as the launch of our award-winning Outdoor Living Pod.
7. What has this change meant for the company?
It means we're busier than ever before, and we can now offer customers a wider choice of products which is great.
8. What sets Caribbean Blinds apart from our competitors?
It's got to be the finished result! All our installations are of the best quality.
9. If you had to describe Caribbean Blinds in one word, which would you choose?
Innovative- we like to stay one step ahead.
10. What hobbies do you enjoy outside of work?
I used to play football but I'm not as fit as I used to be so these days I just watch it instead. I also enjoy gaming and I'm really keen on fishing, especially in the Summer. If I have a day off work that's what I'll be up to!