We are pleased to announce that our operations across manufacture and installations have resumed.
Over the past few weeks we have been closely monitoring the coronavirus pandemic. Following a letter from the secretary of state advising manufacturing and industry businesses along with the construction (site based) sector to remain open for business, along with advice from our H&S advisors and internal team discussions, we feel the time is right to safely re-open all operations with enhanced safety measures in place in line with guidelines by Public Health England.
The health and well being of our team, customers and the wider community is of the upmost importance and the below measures will ensure we operate both safer and smarter during the pandemic.
Our team will
- Wash their hands frequently with soap and water for 20 seconds or more. This includes every time they enter / exit our facility / site including when they arrive for and leave work along with before and after breaks and on receiving any deliveries plus after sneezing, coughing or blowing their nose. We have provided hand sanitisers as an alternate method for cleaning their hands at all entry / exit points into our building and in all vehicles.
- Keep a safe distance (at least 2m) from each other where possible. Where they need to be closer than 2m for a specific task, they will not face each other, instead working side by side and any close proximity work will be kept to an absolute maximum of 15 minutes.
- Sign themselves off sick and self isolate if they have even a mild cough or low fever or have been in contact with anyone who has these symptoms.
Additionally for surveys / installations / deliveries
- Our technicians will travel to site in separate vehicles where possible. If 2 persons (max) are in the same vehicle, it will always be the same two people who travel together. Windows will be opened partially along with vents for ventilation and the passenger will sit on the outside (not centre) seat.
- Whilst our works are being undertaken customers are to remain inside their property, unless we need to discuss a specific element of the survey / installation with them or for handover, where a safe distance (at least 2m) should be kept, all of which will take place outside.
- If we need to enter a property (for example at installation to make an electrical connection), only one technician will enter the property, ensuring they wash their hands thoroughly with soap and water on entry / exit (or using the provided hand sanitisers) and they will maintain a safe distance (at least 2m) from household occupants at all times, with occupants asked to not be in the room the works are being carried out. Furthermore they will ensure good ventilation in the area they are working (opening of an external window / door).
- No physical sign off at completion of works will be required, instead a photo / video of the completed installation / delivery will be taken along with the name of the client who has confirmed sign off.
- Clients are asked to cancel any scheduled works if they have even a mild cough or low fever or have been in contact with anyone who has these symptoms.
- No visitors will be allowed into our facility whatsoever. The main entrance doors into the factory will be kept closed at all times to prevent anyone wandering in. The showroom doors will remain locked and the showroom will remain closed to visitors until further notice.
- Disposable face masks and gloves have been made available to all our technicians should they wish to wear. Whilst these are not required to be worn and current scientific guidance suggests face masks do not provide extra benefit outside of a clinical or care setting, they do offer peace of mind, particularly when working on site or inside a property.
The above procedures will continue to be reviewed, monitored and updated to ensure the safety of all.
Our project co-ordinators and account managers who have remained in contact with all clients during our temporary closure will be making contact shortly if you have a current order with us to advise proposed dates for works to be carried out and deliveries to be made. Any surveys that were postponed are also being rescheduled. The entire CB team will be working tirelessly over the coming weeks to execute all existing orders on our system as quick as possible, whilst of course maintaining our high standards and to ensure new orders run to our normal short lead times.
We would like to thank everyone, both customers, suppliers and the wider community for their support during these unprecedented times.